International Student Tuition and Fees
International students are fully supported—academically, socially, and emotionally—throughout their time at MPA. We offer a very well-developed and thoughtful approach to supporting international students. Our program is rigorous, yet purposeful, in preparing international students for a college or university experience in the United States or in your home country. An MPA education offers students an authentic, dynamic American high school experience while also providing students with the programmatic support most often found only in international schools.
|Tuition for 2020-21
International Student Tuition and Fees Breakdown (all figures are in US Dollars)
|Upper School Tuition||$31,350|
|Middle School Tuition||$28,700|
|International Student Program Fee*||$10,550|
*Fees are subject to change. Please contact the Office of Admission for more information.
The following services are included for all international students and are supported by the international student program fee. These benefits, often extremely limited or non-existent in other international programs, are proudly offered at MPA:
- Dedicated International Student Program Coordinator who serves as an advisor, teacher, and confidant to all international students on a daily basis, and regularly monitors their academic achievement.
- Advanced language and culture (AL&C) course (click here for a course description and then click "courses offered") with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio for all international students, built into the curriculum as a World Language credit towards graduation. First-year international students are enrolled in AL&C to help with the cultural transition to an American high school, to discuss important social and historical events of the United States and learn the nuances of strong academic English and vocabulary to achieve fluency.
- Given MPA's emphasis on public speaking, college preparatory writing, and higher Lexile level reading, students work one-on-one or in small groups with the International Student Program Coordinator throughout the entire duration of their MPA experience.
- College application support, particularly with primary college application essays and supplemental writing essays.
- Social and emotional support: all international students have the Program Coordinator available to help them navigate homesickness, friendships, social situations and events, stress, and culture shock. When needed, the International Student Program Coordinator works closely with the School Counselor and/or Director of Guidance to be sure the student is as happy and healthy as possible during their time at MPA. Support includes connecting international students to domestic students, faculty and administration, and co-curricular activities.
- New international student orientation: one-on-one meetings with the Director of Guidance to create class schedule, acclimation to classroom and school culture, laptop orientation, plagiarism discussion, school supply shopping, sight-seeing in the Twin Cities, student networking opportunities, and more.
- Transition assistance both as students come into our community and ongoing to assist students in forming connections within the school and the Twin Cities.
- Academic transition and language support offered throughout the student’s time at MPA and in preparation for postsecondary level. The International Student Program Coordinator is available for ongoing academic support, especially in the areas of History and English, essay writing and high-level reading comprehension, as well as to assist students in their understanding of American educational standards.
- Daily hot lunch, with culturally and religiously sensitive options.
- Summer orientation and quarterly events throughout the year to help support new and returning students.
- Host family selection, acclimation and support: International host families are carefully recruited, selected and vetted to ensure the highest quality experience for our students. The International Student Program Coordinator works closely with students and their host families to ensure that the home is a safe, welcoming, happy environment for all. Quarterly home visits, one-on-one check-ins with students and host families, communication with natural parents, and student/family events are all ways that the Program Coordinator works with host families and students to build routine, communication, and a supportive experience.
- Translation services provided for international student or parents, including both in person conversations and with documentation translation.
- Professional development of faculty in how to best serve the needs of international students and to deepen their understanding of working with students from varying cultures. The International Student Program Coordinator often also plays a pivotal role in facilitating communication between students, teachers, host parents and natural parents, ensuring the success of our students.
- Visa and immigration assistance and documentation support.
For more information on international student program tuition and fees, please contact the Office of Admission.